Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Self Portrait Influences









I want to emulate Van Gogh's use of color. I think it would be fun to include a lot of intense color yet maintain a simple self portrait.













I know this one by William Klein isn't a self portrait, but this photo attracts me so much because of the intense contrast and use of line. I want to include this style in my self portraits.





I absolutely love these leg portraits by Jena Ardell. Each one tells a lot about the subject. I want to emulate her style of using parts of the body.





I had never heard of Nicole Cawlfield before this assignment. I found some of her work at bluegalleryonline.com. I love these portraits because of the quirky positions the subjects are in.






























No comments:

Post a Comment